Tuesday, October 19, 2010

obedience.

"they said you came for the lame, i'm the lamest; i broke my life, but You say You'll replace it, i'll take it."

very recently, I've been contemplating what exactly "faith" looks like in my life. So often, I find myself trusting the Lord whenever its convenient for me, like when I need to do well on a test or whenever I want something from the Lord. I say that I have "faith" that the Lord will provide, and yes while this is all in good intention, getting something for ME is the one of the only reasons why I do so. I recently read a quote by A.W. Tozer,
"A world of confusion and disappointment results from trying to believe without obeying." Am I coming to the Lord in obedience or am I coming to the Lord in want and desire. I should be offering myself to Him and praising Him for the things He has done in my life, instead of all the time coming to Him in convenience.
Then, will I find the joy that this heart of mine ever so desires. true happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment