Monday, April 26, 2010

mixed emotions.



The title says it all. so many mixed emotions right now. Let me just say that this year has been one of the best years of my life. It has been so much fun and just a year of growth in my walk with the Lord and in my life personally. I am forever thankful for the friends I'm made, the "growing up" I've done, and for the blessing of being able to attend such a great university like UNC-W. This weekend truly was a final hoorah for me. Constant fun with friends, especially the people in my dorm. I will miss all of my international friends; I have simply loved getting to know them better and to hear about their countries and homes.

Can't believe I'm about to become a sophomore. So much to look forward to for next year! I am going to be a Bible study leader which I am incredibly stoked about, and I am living with 3 of my closest friends! However, I'm not as excited about my schedule next semester- 2 science courses with 3 labs per week. ahh. but, i. will. survive. (:

As I am filled with joy at the experiences I've had this year and the fun times with friends and family, I am nervous about this summer. I want God to use me wherever He desires, but it's hard when you don't know what the outcome will be! I'm taking a CNA class for half of the summer, and I will also be working. plus side: I hear this class will help you decide if you really want to do nursing. downside: I have to get up at 5:30 two days a week, and I'm not sure where I'll be working yet. It has been hard not knowing exactly what I'll be doing, because alot of my friends are getting to go overseas on missions trips. I'm so so excited for them, but deep down if I'm honest, I want the chance to see God do something cool in my life this summer. But hey, the summer hasn't even begun. I know I have to wait and see what God has in store. I know it will be awesome. So much to do, so much to look forward to, so much to experience..I just want to be content where God puts me. No matter what friends have around me, or no matter if I have 1 friend or 100, I want to be firm in my faith and really trust the Lord and be satisfied in Him. Friends will fail, I will fail, family will fail, yet Jesus remains faithful. I want to be faithful this summer with what I'm given. Any nervousness, anxiety, greed, jealously, or worry that I hold onto--I want to let it go and rest in the Lord. so easy to say, yet so hard to do. Needless to say, I'm excited to be with the people I love and grow closer to others I don't know as well.

I'll be praying that each of you all's summer is filled with fun, excitement, fulfillment in Christ, happiness, and sunshine! Wherever you go, I would encourage you, as well as myself, to put your life in God hands in see Him work! He's faithful!

xoxo, kate

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope."
-Psalm 130:5

No comments:

Post a Comment